The first University-Days
The Cooperative State University (DHBW) in Karlsruhe is situated in the big building on the cities north side. My experience as a working student at the DHBW was a huge advantage for me, seeing how I already knew my way inside the many hallways. I saw my ex-coworkers again, we exchanged funny stories from work and I talked proudly about my experiences at MTS Group. The understanding came all of a sudden, yet again: I have made the right move towards my future.
The lectures at the DHBW are very intensive; that I have to say. The content is interesting, the professors motivated and new friends polite and ready to help. That unfortunately does not change the fact, that you have to be ready to deal with long nights, working weekends and the need to talk about your subjects all the time. After dealing with so many interesting topics, it is hard to just turn-off and stop thinking about it. While being fully aware of the fact that my university represents an important challenge, I am looking forward to the upcoming semester and awaiting curiously new knowledge which I can apply during my work with the MTS Group.
Now is the right moment to give a few advices to those who are considering choosing such a subject and a way of education.
Just do it! That would be a cheap and an easy tip. I would like to state this more precisely.
- Start studying from the very beginning. Use your time to keep repeating what you have learned. After all, it is what you will be doing later for your whole life and you should be having fun while doing it.
- Ask until you have figured it out. The professors are there to help us, and seeing how we are in relatively small study groups, every professor has enough time for you.
- Get all the necessary literature which will clearly define and improve your knowledge.
- Study using examples from your work
- Enjoy your education and have the time of your life!
A new phase of expercience is waiting for me at the next corner. New topics, stories and joy. Can‘t wait for it!
I will keep you in the loop!
„Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do“ - Pele